I'm rounding up some of my favorite quick and simple handmade holiday ideas for this last weekend before Christmas.
Sugar Scrub - use a good quality oil (I prefer olive) and pack in those cute squat Ball pint or 1/2 pint jars
Spice Rub - find a co-op or grocery store with a bulk herb & spice section to keep costs down! make a few different recipes, package in quarter pint jars, and gift a set!
- http://wellnessmama.com/4430/ (there are 14 herb and spice blends listed)
Hot Cocoa Mix - add a cute mug and/or a batch of homemade marshmallows for a larger gift.
- My favorite recipe: mix 1 cup each powdered milk, cocoa powder, and sugar. Add 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips and/or crushed peppermint candy canes. Layer each ingredient into a quart jar and add a cute label with the serving directions: stir 2 tbsp mix into 8 oz hot water or milk. Or you can multiply the recipe and mix together, then divide among smaller jars.
Marshmallows - great on their own, or a nice addition to the cocoa mix.
- http://urbanposer.blogspot.com/2012/11/rustic-homemade-marshmallows-whoney.html (refined sugar free)
- http://amessykitchen.blogspot.com/2011/07/vanilla-marshmallows-with-lyles-golden.html (corn syrup free)
Salted Caramels - wrap in squares of waxed paper and hand out as necessary.
- http://www.two-tarts.com/2011/12/vanilla-caramels-with-sea-salt.html (corn syrup free)
Free Printable Gifts Tags and Labels
print on card stock and tie on with ribbon or baker's twine, or print on full page label sheets to make stickers!
- http://www.seaurchinstudio.com/goodies-1/holiday-gift-tags.html (there are owls!)
- http://www.laylock.org/resources/knitlove/ (for hand knit gifts)
Merry making and happy holidays - however you choose to celebrate (or not).